Are you ready to create an ecology of inclusion in your workplace, and beyond?
We hope so, because the time for change is NOW.
With the pandemic, the Black Lives Matter Movement and racially-motivated hate crimes impacting lives globally, individuals are being called upon to step up and redress the inequities and injustices that exist in our world. And what better place to start than our workplaces?
The inclusion and belonging of people and their multiple diversities has never been more critical to unlocking the power and potential of today’s workforces.
However, despite the rise of internal Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Councils and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) staff-led networks, these groups are not able to make the systemic change needed to create a culture that is equitable and inclusive of all diversity.
“I am a person of colour and when the BLM movement hit Australia last year, our company went out with some pretty strong messaging on our internal communications. Our CEO made a stand to not tolerate racism or discrimination and I thought it was great to see, but then things died down… I felt so deflated.”
Mid-level Manager, large publicly listed energy company
Whether it’s due to poor governance, a lack of buy-in from senior leadership, inadequate resourcing, or failure to measure impact – after many years working with organisations to create high-performing and inclusive team cultures, it is clear that network and council members must come together in a way they never have before.
MindTribes is proud to announce the launch of our Diversity & Inclusion Council and Network Hubs.
Supported by DeakinCo., participants in the Hubs program will receive a Deakin University workplace credential in Adaptive Mindsets. The Hubs are designed to guide members to create the governance models, strategic roadmaps and communications frameworks necessary to move the needle of change at work faster and further.
“I am more than happy to support a D&I Council and be the sponsor. I attend as many meetings as I can to show my support but recently I was criticised for not walking the talk. D&I is critically important to me, so I need help to figure out what I need to do next and how I need to show up.”
Vice President, large publicly listed company
Who is the workshop for?
Chairs or members of D&I Councils or staff-led CALD networks
Head of Diversity & Inclusion
People and Culture executives and consultants
Board members and senior leadership looking to become better diversity allies
About the Program
What is Included?
Designed to bring together leaders and members across internal D&I councils, staff-led networks to drive measurable and systemic change within their respective organisations, the program includes:
- Six monthly sessions (delivered virtually) commencing in February 2022 and running every alternate month with a closing session in November 2022).
- A peer accountability partner in the group for support in between sessions + access to the MindTribes team and facilitator for coaching and advisory.
- Ready-to-use templates for creating successful governance models, roadmaps and board presentations on your council’s activities.
- Deep learning and practical, real-world application in a small workshop environment, led by an experienced facilitator.
- Business investment per practise hub member is $3,500 + GST.
- Each cohort is limited to 12 participants.
What are the benefits?
- Making connections with prominent senior business leaders who are well-known sponsors or advocates of change.
- 1:1 professional coaching with the facilitator outside of group sessions.
The chance to make a deeper connection with like-minded peers as an accountability partner.
- Independent review of current diversity and inclusion standards.
- Program culminates in a leadership credential in Adaptive Mindsets from Deakin University.
- Membership can be transferred to another person within your organisation, should your employment or role change.
- Peer sharing of best practise: what has / hasn’t worked across participating organisations
“I was asked to be a sponsor for our D&I Council – and I was taken aback. As a white, straight, male from a privileged background, I don’t know anything about the struggles of a person of colour and I feel out of place. I need the chance to learn in a non-threatening environment.”
Chief Information Officer, large bank
Applications to join our D&I Council and Network Hubs are now open and places are limited. To register your interest for the MindTribes D&I Council and Network Hubs and to receive a free copy of our Diversity and Inclusion Digital Toolkit, please fill out the form below.
Acknowledgement to Country
At MindTribes, we pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Australia. Representing the oldest living culture in the world, First Nations people have been the traditional custodians of this land for more than 65000 years. Australia, is the only commonwealth country that does not have a signed treaty (a formal agreement with the government and Indigenous people). We at MindTribes are committed to ensuring that every client we partner with has a meaningful and action-based Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)– whilst we don’t design or deliver a RAP, one of our first principles is not doing business with a client who does not have a RAP or an intention to execute a RAP in the time we are with them.